07/21 – Parking Permit Sales 4:00 – 5:00 pm
07/26 – Schedules available in Powerschool
07/26 – Meet the Teacher Open House (New Scholars Only) 4:00 – 6:00 pm
07/27 – First Day of School (All 8 Day)
Meet the Teacher Open House
This event is for scholars new to Heritage Academy ONLY!
Date: Monday, July 26th, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- scholars will be able to walk the campus and meet their teachers
- Uniform Vendors will be on campus to sell new uniforms
- PTO will be on campus to sell gently used uniforms
- The permits will be available for purchase on Wednesday, 7/21 from 4pm-5pm in the front office.
- Scholars and a parent/guardian must complete the parking permit form at time of purchase.
- The cost is $50 and exact cash or check (payable to Heritage Academy) will be accepted.
- Please contact Mrs. DeSpain with any questions or concerns.
Course Requests & PowerSchool Logins: Schedules will be available for viewing in PowerSchool Monday, July 26th. PowerSchool login information will be emailed to each scholar the day before.
Course Request Changes: changes to a scholar’s schedule are limited to the following reasons:
- If a scholar has a documented medical condition that prevents them from participating in a class. For school record-keeping purposes, it is preferred that a doctor’s note be provided.
- If a scholar was incorrectly scheduled for an academic class (e.g. Pre-algebra instead of Geometry).
- If a teacher recommends that a specific schedule change be made for academic reasons.
Please purchase school uniforms sooner rather than later. The turnaround time for uniform orders is longer the closer we get to the start of school. The PE uniform is required to be worn in all sports classes. Click Here for Uniform Vendors
Dress & Grooming Reminders:
- Hair – “Hair should not distract from the learning environment. It must be a natural color and should not cover the eyes. Boys’ hair length should be above the collar and not touching the ears. Man buns are not allowed. Any sideburns are to be no lower than the ear lobe. Boys are to be clean-shaven. Girls’ hair can be any length, but must not be extreme in style.” Scholars with extreme or inappropriate hairstyles will be sent home.
- Uniform – All scholars are expected to be in full uniform every day at school. Scholars out of uniform will be required to change and may possibly be sent home.
- Piercings – The handbook only allows for one piercing on the ears of girls. All other piercings should be removed when a scholar attends school. Scholars will be asked to remove piercings and may pick them up from the principal at the end of the day.
- Hats – No hats will be allowed on campus this year except for the Heritage uniform hat, which can be purchased from the Athletic Director. Scholars will be asked to remove their hats while in the building.
Please review the dress code before you purchase uniforms for the upcoming year: Scholar Hand Book 2021-2022
If you still have a uniform from last year please contact Coach Leavitt to make arrangements to drop it off.
All school fees will be paid via our payment system My School Bucks. Once your scholar’s schedule is set, the system will auto-generate an invoice for any class fees and email you the invoice. You will NOT need to login and pay prior to receiving an invoice from Heritage Academy. It will prompt you to log in. You will be able to pay PTO dues and buy yearbooks using the shopping cart of My School Bucks at that time as well.
Lunch Information: Lunches will be provided by My Hot Lunchbox. You will receive an invitation from My Hot Lunch Box to create an account and select your meal options prior to the first day of school. Scholars can also bring a lunch from home. My Hot Lunchbox Flyer
Stay Connected – Connect with other Heritage Gateway families, ask questions, get information, and stay connected! Request to join our Heritage Academy Gateway closed group on Facebook today: https://www.facebook.com/groups/242450109213019/
President: Melissa Walton
Secretary: Stephanie Leavitt
Treasurer: Johnathon Catlin
Communications: Rachael Koch
Car Pool Coordinator:
Board Members: Libby Francis