To meet the purpose of the PTO, the PTO sponsors activities and projects, which always cost money. The primary source of fundraising is through PTO Dues.
PTO Dues are used for:
- School Activities – Constitution Week, Movie Nights, Dodgeball Tournaments, Fall Festivals, etc.
- Campus Projects – Sidewalks, Grass, Picnic Tables, Bricks, Long-jump Pit, etc.
- Academics, Arts, and Sports – Financial support for Computers, Software, Books, Equipment, etc.
- Gifts – Staff Appreciation Gifts, Staff Appreciation Luncheons, etc.
Each household is only expected to pay $25 each year. (This updated amount was affirmed by the school board in Summer 2022.)
Some of the activities the PTO sponsors are also used to raise funds for other activities or projects. However, the PTO tries to keep the costs as low as possible, to make the activities and projects as accessible as possible.
Several passive forms of fundraising include: Fry’s Community Rewards, Amazon Smiles, BoxTops for Education, and OfficeDepot Give Back to Schools Program.
- Link your Fry’s V.I.P. Card to Heritage Academy, to participate in the Fry’s Community Rewards Program. Learn more here.
- Link your Amazon account to Heritage Academy, to participate in the Amazon Smile Program.
- Go to “smile.amazon.com” and sign in to your Amazon account (link at top of Amazon Smile page).
- Select “Get Started”. Under “Start by picking your charity”, search for and then select “Heritage Academy Gateway, Inc”.
- Start your future Amazon purchases at “smile.amazon.com” and a portion of all future purchases through Amazon Smiles will go to our PTO.
- Submit receipts from your normal grocery shopping (Fry’s, Safeway, Walmart, etc.) using the BoxTops for Education app (Android / Apple), and the PTO will receive a check for a small percent of the eligible purchases you made. Once the app is installed on your phone or tablet, simple Add a School and search for Heritage Academy Gateway.
- Add Heritage Academy Gateway’s school ID (70235713) to your school supply purchases from Office Depot (online or in-person), under the Give Back to Schools Program, and earn 5% back in credits for the school PTO.