from a letter that went out to all Gateway families 3/19/20:
Dear Gateway Parents, Guardians, and Scholars,
Last week an email was sent out about a temporary transition to Google Classroom and other online learning that will begin this and next week. Families should have received an email earlier this week with the google username for scholars. Please remember that scholars need to use their Heritage Gmail to access their Google Classrooms.
Here are a few frequently asked questions to help you be successful next week (or longer should Heritage Gateway need to continue blended learning longer term)
- What is the format of my login? The format for a scholar google login is: email@example.com
- I forgot my password, how do I reset it? Please fill out this google form requesting your password be reset. GOOGLE PASSWORD RESET FORM (Click Here) Passwords will be reset Monday 3/23 and Tuesday 3/24.
- When do I need to start working on classes? Teachers are creating classrooms, assignments and materials this week. While we are encouraging kids to get logged in this week to become familiar with classes, assignments will not be given or due until next week. Scholars schould begin working on Monday, March 23rd.
- Why am I not seeing any classes when I log in? Teachers will be sending an invite to scholar emails for each of the individual classes they are registered for. Please log in to your school Gmail account to accept those invites so you will be able to register and see all of your Heritage courses. Many teachers have also shared Google Class codes with parents via their emails, or by sharing it on other sites, such as Edmodo. Should you not see a class by Wednesday evening, please reach out to the teacher.
- I have no idea what I am doing, how do we log in to Google Classroom? Attached to this email are a couple of documents to help you as parents and scholars log in to Google Classroom and begin working on assignments.
- What if my teacher or class is already using other resources like Edmodo? All classes will have a Google Classroom section. From there you may have links to Edmodo or another online site. Please look first on Google Classroom for all classes to keep everything in one central place.
- How am I going to be graded? Just as scholars would be graded with any assignment or assessment teachers will continue to input grades into PowerSchool. Please make sure that you are regularly logging in to PowerSchool to check grades and current progress.
- I forgot my PowerSchool Login, how do I get that? Please email Mrs. DeSpain at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will there be assignments for every class? Yes, every class (core classes, electives, fine arts, and PE) will have some type of assignment beginning the week of Monday the 23rd .
- I don’t have a computer, how am I supposed to complete work? Google Classroom is accessible through phones and other mobile devices allowing work to be completed anywhere, even without a computer.
- My family only has one computer for our kids to use. How will I get everything done? Teachers are aware of the challenges families may have with limited access to computers. Assignments will have weekly due dates, some will be able to be completed without using a computer (but turned in to the Google Classroom), videos will be posted that scholars can watch at any time, and we will try and limit mandating set times that scholars need to be online.
- How will I get help if I have questions? Teachers will be available for help using several different platforms. Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. Please have your scholar message them through Google Classroom or email them directly if they need help.
We thank you for your patience as we are all learning together right now and living in some unique times. Our office staff will be available for questions, including email and password information, Monday 3/23 and Tuesday 3/24 during regular school hours (8:00 – 3:30).
Please feel free to call the school Monday 3/23-Tuesday 3/24 during regular school hours, or email me, email@example.com with any questions you have and we will do the best we can to get you answers.
Thank you for making Heritage Gateway such a wonderful place. Even if we are not all together in person right now, our teachers are still very much dedicated and excited to help scholars grow and learn. Please do not hesitate to reach out to teachers or myself with any questions.
|Google Account Services.pdf|
|2020 Parents’ Guide to Google Classroom (1).pdf|