Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
- to facilitate communications and cooperation between the home and the school;
- to direct scholar activities outside the classroom; and,
- to provide a forum for discussion for any student and school related issues.
To meet the purpose of the PTO, the PTO sponsors activities and projects, which always cost money. The primary source of fundraising is through PTO Dues.
PTO Dues are used for:
- School Activities – Constitution Week, Movie Nights, Dodgeball Tournaments, Fall Festivals, etc.
- Campus Projects – Sidewalks, Grass, Picnic Tables, Bricks, Long-jump Pit, etc.
- Academics, Arts, and Sports – Financial support for Computers, Software, Books, Equipment, etc.
- Gifts – Staff Appreciation Gifts, Staff Appreciation Luncheons, etc.
Each household is only expected to pay $25 each year. (This updated amount was affirmed by the school board in Summer 2022.) Please pay by clicking the button below and logging in to your My School Bucks account.
Some of the activities the PTO sponsors are also used to raise funds for other activities or projects. However, the PTO tries to keep the costs as low as possible, to make the activities and projects as accessible as possible.
A passive form of fundraising is through Fry’s Community Rewards and Amazon Smiles.
- Link your Fry’s V.I.P. Card to Heritage Academy Gateway, to participate in the Fry’s Community Rewards Program. Learn more here.
- Link your Amazon account to Heritage Academy Gateway, to participate in the Amazon Smile Program.
- Go to “smile.amazon.com” and sign in to your Amazon account (link at top of Amazon Smile page).
- Select “Get Started”. Under “Start by picking your charity”, search for and then select “Heritage Academy Gateway, Inc”.
- Start your future Amazon purchases at “smile.amazon.com” and a portion of all future purchases through Amazon Smiles will go to our PTO.
- Submit receipts from your normal grocery shopping (Fry’s, Safeway, Walmart, etc.) using the BoxTops for Education app (Android / Apple), and the PTO will receive a check for a small percent of the eligible purchases you made. Once the app is installed on your phone or tablet, simple Add a School and search for Heritage Academy Gateway.
- Add Heritage Academy Gateway’s school ID (70235713) to your school supply purchases from Office Depot (online or in-person), under the Give Back to Schools Program, and earn 5% back in credits for the school PTO.
To see previous years’ calendar, please visit our PTO Archive.
PTO Board Meetings are held monthly, as shown in the calendar below. Most meetings are held at 7pm in Room 242. If you are unable to attend in person, you can also attend via Zoom. The link to the Zoom meeting is in the Weekly Campus Update emails sent out by the school.
All parents/guardians and staff are invited to attend!
|Meeting||Date & Time||Business and Minutes|
|Board||Aug 9, 2022 at 7pm||
*Board Meetings – Only Board Members may vote on PTO business. All parents and staff are invited to attend, comment and volunteer!
*General Meetings – All parents and staff may vote on PTO business!
Make sure you update your email address with the front office, so you will be included on Weekly Updates.
(The most recent posts can be found on the homepage, about 3/4 of the way down.)
Connect to the Heritage Academy Gateway Elementary Facebook pages, public , to stay up to date on meetings and announcements.
Connect to the Heritage Academy Gateway Instagram pages, for everyone, athletics, SCHOCO, dance, and yearbook.
The PTO does not do the coordinating for you. However, the PTO provides a contact map, via which you can find and contact others who are also interested in Carpooling and live nearby. Sign up here to be added to and receive a link to the map.
You can also contact Hop Skip Drive which offers transportation for students from their home to their school, and back, plus after school activity transportation. Heritage Academy has no affiliation with this company.
You can also reach out on the Heritage Academy Gateway Facebook pages, public and private, to look for willing collaborators.