“Drama Distinction” will be awarded to those graduating seniors who have completed the following requirements:
- 3 semesters of Drama classes, with at least one of those being Honors Drama
- No grade lower than A- in any drama class
- Participation in at least one school play; must audition for minimum of one musical
- Completion of at least one semester of Stage Craft class with no grade lower than A-.
- Reading of the book “Respect For Acting” by Uta Hagen, and a discussion with Mr. Helmbold about the book. Scholars may be asked to write an essay on various aspects of the book.
DISTINCTION IN BALLROOM DANCE
- Student must take five semesters of Ballroom Dance–one of which is Ballroom III or higher.
- Student must teach (under direction of the teacher) three sessions of in-class instruction including steps from three different dances.
- Student must write a four page typed, 12 pt font, double spaced research paper (subject to be approved in advance) with a works cited page.
- Student must participate in five Outside of Class dance activities–specifically ballroom dancing in a social setting.
- Student must choreograph a social dance mixer, write up the choreography, create an instruction video, and teach it to a ballroom or social dance class.
- Student must choreograph and perform a ballroom “solo” and perform it in front of an audience before they graduate.
- Student mush choreograph a team routine and teach it to the class