“Drama Distinction” will be awarded to those graduating seniors who have completed the following requirements:
- 3 semesters of Drama classes, with at least one of those being Honors Drama
- No grade lower than A- in any drama class
- Participation in at least one school play; must audition for minimum of one musical
- Completion of at least one semester of Stage Craft class with no grade lower than A-.
- Reading of the book “Respect For Acting” by Uta Hagen, and a discussion with Mr. Helmbold about the book. Scholars may be asked to write an essay on various aspects of the book.
“Choir Distinction” will be awarded to those graduating seniors who have completed the following requirements: CLICK HERE
- Student must take four semesters of Ballroom Dance–one of which is Ballroom II.
- Student must complete three sessions of in-class instruction including steps from three different dances.
- Student must write a four page in-depth research paper (subject to be approved in advance). Written in Manuscript Form with a Works Cited page.
- Student must participate in five Outside of Class dance activities–specifically ballroom dancing in a social setting.
- Student must read one teacher recommended book on Ballroom Dance.
- Student must choreograph and perform a ballroom “solo” for the Ballroom Dance Showcase during their senior year.