Fall Reopen Plan
We welcomed our students back on August 24th, in a hybrid learning format and are now moving to full in-person learning starting September 9th.
Heritage Academy welcomed students back to campus on August 24 with a hybrid schedule and will move to a full in-person schedule after Labor Day. (Full details from the principal here). Will things look different? Yes, they will. However, what is not changing is the Heritage Academy spirit and the entire community's dedication to continuity of learning.
We acknowledge that there may be COVID-19 outbreaks in AZ locally, regionally, or statewide that will require schools to close. We anticipate that we will have to toggle between in-class learning and distance learning, and to that end, our planning started before the last school year ended.
Our faculty quickly developed innovative teaching skills in the distance learning environment this past spring. Heritage Gateway scholars did not miss one single day of instruction throughout this difficult time. To become even more proficient and effective in the distance learning environment, each one of our faculty members will continue to receive additional training throughout the year.
Will things change between now and when school opens? Possibly, but with a solid reopen plan as our foundation, we will pivot and adjust as needed.
Our Fall 2020 Reopen Plan
We invite you to read our reopening plan. The goal for the plan is to help parents better understand the steps we are taking to keep the Heritgae Community safe and healthy, and how we will maintain continuity of learning.
If you have not already submitted your COVID Parent Acknowledgement Form, please check with your scholar to see if they have received one for you to sign and bring to campus.
- Check in with your child each morning for signs of illness. If your child has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they should not go to school.
- Make sure your child does not have a sore throat or other signs of illness, like a cough, diarrhea, severe headache, vomiting, or body aches.
- If your child has had close contact to a COVID-19 case, they should not go to school. Follow guidance on what to do when someone has known exposure. (CDC recommendations)
For the protection of our scholars and staff, we will not be able to accomodate parents or family dropping off homework or lunches. Please make sure your scholar has everything they need prior to leaving to leaving their house in the morning. We will also be minimizing visitors on campus during this COVID pandemic time. Thank you for your understanding.
Enhanced Cleaning on Campus
- Our janitorial vendors will be providing deeper cleaning sessions during the week.
- We will be providing hand-washing stations for scholars to use prior to entering their classrooms and throughout the day.
- We are adding portable air purifiers with HEPA filters to each classroom. These caputure 99% of air polutants and are an added measure to help keep our scholars healthy at school.
- We have added cleanining routines which include scholars wiping down desks and equipment at the beginning and end of each class period.
- We have added disinfecting protocols for the vans/transportation and the floors of the athletic rooms.
From how our lunches are served to the way our vending machines are filled, our staff has ensured that safety and cleanliness are our top priority for each vendor service on campus.
Our vending machine vendor is taking extra precautions in the delivery and installation of all food items. See precautions HERE.
Our photography vendor, Lifetouch has added extra safety measures, such as digital check-in, to help increase safety on picture day. See video HERE for all their changes.