Subject area goals:
- Scholars will discover the processes of the world around them and begin lifelong experiences in science.
- Scholars are required to take Conceptual Science, Biology plus two other science courses.
- College track scholars should have Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Overall, scholars must have a 3.0 GPA or better
- Scholars must complete four science classes including three laboratory sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy, or AP Biology) with a B or better in each class for a distinction.
- One of these courses needs to be an Honors, AP, or a Dual Enrollment offering.
- Students wanting a distinction are required to take either the class Brief History of Time or Tech Science classes.
- In addition, scholars must read a science classic and write a 1000 word paper. See the list of science classics or talk to a science teacher
215 HON. ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY
235 A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME
811 KEYBOARDING & COMPUTERS 1
830 INTO TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING
832 COMPUTER PROGRAMMING II